On May 5th, Scott left for Austin, Texas to start his first summer internship with Fulbright. A few weeks later the boys and I got on a plane and headed down here. We were all happy to be back together again.
A week or so later we got to go down to Houston to go to an Astros game. We drove down there and spent a couple of nights. I do have to say that Houston is not my favorite place ever. Traffic was not horrible, but getting around was insane! I was so frustrated - it took me over 40 minutes to get to a Target that I saw right off of the freeway. It was ridiculous driving around in circles - I could see it, but I couldn't get to it. Lame! But the game was fun - they had a traditional baseball dinner of hot dog, hamburgers and nachos for everyone - ice cream too. We also got a little light-up fan to keep us cool. I couldn't believe how into the game Drew was. He was so excited he would do that excited gasping for breath thing just thinking about it.
One weekend we also got to go up to the river, er, ummm, lake(there is only 1 natural lake in Texas, so they dam off the rivers and make a bunch of lakes, but they look like rivers), and had a fun day up at one of the partner's lake house. We went on a boat ride to a swimming hole. At first Taylor wasn't sure about the boat (or maybe it was the life jacket), but he soon relaxed so much he fell asleep. He also very much loved being in the water. Scott and Drew also took a canoe for a while, then we ate good food and had fun hanging out with friends from the law firm.
Mom came for a short visit and we dragged her all over Austin to show her all the stuff we found. Oddly enough, she was hoping for a good downpour, but it came about an hour after she got on the plane. Go figure - like the only 2 days straight that it didn't rain.
We are now in Dallas and my fingers are tired, so I will write more later.
2 comments:
Hey Brooke! It was fun talking to you the other day! I flew back from SLC yesterday afternoon. I didn't know that your mom went to Texas. How fun! I enjoyed reading your blog.It sounds like you've been doing some fun stuff! Love, Aunt Nancy
Happy day! I'm so glad you are posting again! I wondered if the day would ever come! =) Great pictures! I'm excited to see you on Tuesday (hopefully!!). Thanks SO so so much for letting us cruise around in your car. =) Love ya!
Post a Comment