Our first stop was LAX, that was just our warm-up flight. From there we boarded Cathay Pacific flight CX885 headed to Hong Kong. It was a very nice plane with lots of fun gadgets - each seat had it's own screen where you could select from about 50 movies, a variety of TV shows, music and even games. The flight attendants brought little packages for both Drew and Taylor - Drew's had games, a washcloth, paper and a bunch of things - Taylor's had diapers and ointments for his bottom. Scott and I also got a little packet with mints, a toothbrush and socks. Funny, funny. So, there we were seats explored, packets opened and only 14 1/2 more hours to go. Yikes! Actually, it was kind of nice, because they do a pretty good job of acclimating you to the new time zone with the way they serve meals and have the lights on at certain times. I think they served us dinner at about 2:30 am. Anyhow, we made it through and landed safely in Hong Kong. When we arrived it was about 6:30 pm, I think that is about 3:30 am in AZ. I felt strangely comforted as we walked through this foreign place, as the Chinese people felt free to openly mock and point at our giant pile of luggage. The funniest part was when they would say something and then Scott would start laughing - it startled them that he understood - even more so when he would comment back to them in Chinese. We took an express train from the airport to Kowloon station and from there we caught a shuttle bus that took us directly (more or less) to our hotel. We were exhausted and crashed for the night.
Thursday, January 03, 2008
Hello From Hong Kong!
Happy New Year!!! On January 1st, very early in the morning, we packed up and got on a plane. Now, when I say, packed up - I do mean that literally. By the way, there are carry on suitcases that you can't see in this picture too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay for skycap. Brooke, just have Scott call them all 2 dollar goldfish and see what their reaction is.
Post a Comment