Well, we got off to a rough start in Singapore, but things are looking up. We have our place settled. We have some furniture, so Brooke and I can sleep in the same bed, and we have a couch to sit on. We worked out some internet at home, which means that it isn't so boring around here. The best part is that we got our home telephone working, so we can call to the U.S. for free. Our home number is the same as it was in Arizona, so you guys can all get ahold of us.
We also had a pretty fun weekend. We went over to a small island off the coast of Singapore called Sentosa. It's a resort of sorts, and we had fun. We rode a cable car over to the island, so we got a pretty cool view on the way. Here are a few of the pictures from the cable car ride.
The resort was pretty fun too. The beaches were all man made, but they were still pretty nice. It was a little weird, because there were a bunch of tankers and freighters passing by constantly just beyond the island, but it was still pretty nice. Here are some of the pictures.
After we had our fill of the beach, we decided to ride the cable car back and get some dinner. We took a limotaxi (a Mercedes taxi) over to Little India for some Indian food. Mmmm, it was good. Just look at how much Drew enjoyed his food.
Saturday was pretty fun too. We went out shopping at a place called Sim Lim Square. It is a whole mall full of nothing but electronics stores. They have everything, and I mean everything. To an electronics nerd like me, it was some sort of Mecca or something. Seriously amazing! Then, we went out to a night market. It was cool. I really wanted some of that pig organ soup, but unfortunately we had just eaten at McDonald's. Maybe next time!
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Absolutely amazing! It really looks wonderful. I don't think I could live there, but I would really like to see it. And the boys are getting so big. I miss them so much. Brooke on the other hand is getting little.
Love ya!
Mom
Well, if you can get past the organ soup, it really looks beautiful. At least you have that awesome blue water to look at!
I love living vicariously through all of your adventures! We will be lucky to leave Utah! Although I think I might be getting Scott into thinking more outside the mormon box! Have an absolute blast! It's reminding me of my mission in Korea!
Looks like you are having a blast! I'm jealous! Live it up!
Post a Comment