So, on October 29th, we finally got around to carving our pumpkins. I had big plans this year to go to a pumpkin patch to get them, but we had two preschool field trips planned to go to pumpkin patches, so we bagged that and I got them at the grocery store. Anyhow, we had fun, as always digging out our pumpkin guts and separating our seeds for roasting. Mom even got us a fun scooper that Drew had fun using to pull out his pumpkin guts. We didn't get too creative this year, just standard jack-o-lantern features, but we had fun. And, then, of course, we had to take them for a test run, so we took them outside for a trial lighting.
Halloween seemed to sneak up on us so quickly this year (who am I kidding, this whole year has snuck right past me), I felt a little behind, but I hope the kids still had fun. Drew wanted to be a knight, and conveniently, we had a dragon costume from when Drew was 2 that fit Taylor perfectly. So, we had our little knight and dragon pair. They were very cute. Even though Drew didn't have preschool on Halloween, we were invited to the parade and party at the school, so we went over there. Not too many people from his class showed up, but he had fun parading and making popcorn witches hands. Then that night they dressed up and Scott took them out around the neighborhood.
Nothing better than candy on the floor and all over your face!
No comments:
Post a Comment