Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Salt Lick, Goin' Bananas, and New Texans

This weekend. Mom and Dad came into town to visit and also to help Nathan and Brittanie move into their home in San Antonio. They arrived on Friday afternoon and after a short visit, we took them to a Austin landmark - The Salt Lick. Their motto is Bar-B-Que like no other - and I would venture to guess that is correct. It is a huge place, and they pack people in on picnic tables - a lot of people. They even have off duty police officers directing traffic, because it is so crowded. Then they bring you a huge amount of meat, that I understand is delicious, and big bowls of all the sides.
Do you see that pile of meat??? It is all you can eat.

On Saturday, Nathan and Brittanie arrived, after their long journey from Connecticut. Nathan is doing a pediatric dental residency in San Antonio. We are so excited to have them join us in Texas. Now, if we can just get the rest of them to move here too....

We all went out for some Mighty Fine burger - another great Austin staple. Do you have clean hands???

Taylor thinks the bags that the food comes in are hats.

The rest of the long weekend was spent hanging out. Nathan and Brittanie had a lot to get done, so the girlies hung out with us a bunch. Mom and I took the kids to Goin' Bananas - a bounce house just for little kiddos. All the kids had a blast bouncing and running around, and it was a good change of scenery. The kids also played in the sprinkler, and hung out with Papa. We had a fun and productive weekend.

3 comments:

bechtold clan said...

You guys have been busy! How have your headaches been? BTW I didnt know that Scott worked at L3! I hope it was good - sounds like it was...hoping Jonathan will find it will work out for him. Question for you...did you guys like your place out at Traverse Mountain? Anyway email me at amber.bechtold@gmail.com...

talk to you later!

The Jacobs said...

I remember The Salt Lick! We had a big group go together (15 of us I think?)...it was fabulous! We've got to get a visit to Austin so Kevin can try some of the great BBQ. How is everything else going?

Tim and Amy said...

that's awesome that you & nathan & brittanie are so close now. are you in the same city - or?