Holy Duck! It's a flower market! Tee hee! I'm not entirely sure why that tickled my funny bone, but I was a bit taken off guard to walk into the venue and find a giant duck - that says HOLY DUCK on it to boot.
I was amazed at the huge amounts of flowers and trees - it was really beautiful to see all in one place. And, along with our flowers, we each went home with a little treasure. But, I think Scott won with the best treasure. Have you seen this?
Anyhoo, in preparation for Chinese New Year we decided to follow the locals to a fun market where you can acquire flowers, trees, and stinky tofu to your hearts content. This picture below was also a common sight as it is a custom here to buy a cherry blossom tree (or part thereof) and hang red envelopes from it. Kind of like a Christmas tree, but for Chinese New Year. So, people would carry around these giant branches.
I took home a few of these colorful beauties to put next to our little teeny orange tree that we picked up from another market.
I was amazed at the huge amounts of flowers and trees - it was really beautiful to see all in one place. And, along with our flowers, we each went home with a little treasure. But, I think Scott won with the best treasure. Have you seen this?

Sheldon and his Wonderfold - well, that is just what Scott found at the market. Now he can be just like his hero. At least he will be helping with the laundry for a while.







No comments:
Post a Comment