Sunday, December 02, 2007

November

Wowee! I sure haven't been blogging in a while, as you can tell, because I left my last post on there for so stinking long (either that, or I just needed some attention). Anyhow, since I can't pack today, I will give you a little update. November seemed to fly by a bit quicker than most months have lately, seriously, it seems like Halloween was just a couple of days ago. So, here is some stuff that has been going on....
Drew has taken a liking to photography - mostly of himself. Almost every time I look at the camera, there is another self-portrait of our dear Drew. Sometimes we even get a series of shots of Taylor, and he's even gotten a few of my angry face while telling him some motherly thing like "if I have to tell you one more time...." He's quite a character. Okay, now I probably shouldn't admit to this one, but for some reason it has given me the giggles all afternoon. Drew likes to put on his own seat belt, but often messes around way too long that we can't wait for him, so we have started having races to see who can put on their seat belt faster. Well, today after church we got in the car and put on our seat belts. I forgot about the race, but apparently he didn't because all of a sudden from the back seat I hear "da#@ it" . I sat there stunned for a moment then I looked at Scott, then looked back at my angel faced little boy who then says, "You beat me." It wasn't until then that I realized that was in fact what he had said. We of course had a talk about swear words, but it was just so strange that the words didn't quite go with the cute little boy fresh from church that was sitting there. Taylor is our little goof-ball. He loves to do silly things just to get a laugh out of people. He is such a happy kid and tries to do everything like his big brother. It is such a strange thing to have kids so opposite of each other. Drew was always right there by me, but Taylor will play with me for a few minutes, then get up and wander off to go play by himself. He likes to play peek-a-boo, but instead of boo he says "bee." Then he laughs at himself. He also got his first haircut. Nothing major, just trimming off the mullet he had grown.


April Aunt Apple Penelope came to visit us and we were very excited to get to spend a couple of days with her. We hope she can come visit us again soon!!!



Scott made me a nice birthday cake for my big 30. He likes to call me an old lady, which I sometimes get offended by, but I guess if the shoe fits....


And, yes, I'm a big dork, and I decorated my own cake.


Granana got to go and talk to Drew's preschool class about being a nurse because they were studying about community helpers. He was so excited that she was going to class and he even did his own introduction for her.


Thanksgiving was very laid back (aka lazy).

Taylor started his meal with a little sand from the playground.

Then we went with Granana, Jordan and Papa to Mimi's Cafe for some turkey dinner (or salad). It was nice to not have to worry about cooking and cleaning, although it did feel a bit strange.

And, that pretty much brings us up to date. (Sorry if I bored you too much!)

7 comments:

Brittanie said...

Hahahahaha! I'm STILL laughing about Drew swearing. I love all the updates! You've had a busy month! You did a great job on your birthday cake! It's BEAUTIFUL!! Love ya!!

hillary said...

Nothing boring about it. Drew is awesome. Shaping up to be just like one of us. Except for Jer, he's a goody goody and doesn't swear. That is too funny. So yeah, my shower does rock. I think it's funny how you spotted that one. Can't wait for you guys to get out here so we can visit!! I miss my friends. We went to our new ward yesterday and it was pretty scary. Mostly all over 75 so it should be pretty interesting. So far, Heidi has lucked out with her ward, it's really cool. I guess we'll have to wait and see how your new one will be. Soon enough!!

Kevin & Chelsey said...

Nice work on the cake...I would decorate my own cake if I could make it look that one. Looks like you had a busy month and it won't stop there. Good luck with all the packing and getting ready for Christmas. Wish we could see you before you go but we will have to make plans this summer.

heidirees said...

Busy, busy girl!! Sounds like you guys have been having a good time though. I can't believe you guys are actually going to Singapore. That will be such an awesome experience. I love your cake too. It's so pretty. I definitely admire your cake making skills. I can't wait for you guys to come, then I'll have a great excuse to go down to San Marcos!! Hope you guys have a great Christmas!

Christi said...

Singapore? Oh!!!! wow! Happy Birthday--sorry we missed it!

Anonymous said...

No one has pointed it out yet, so I'll rub it in...30!?! holy crap that's old. Does Scott call you his old lady?

Better tell Drew to shape up fast or else he'll get the cane where you are going.

Christi said...

Yah0 I caught the 30 thing, but since I'm already there, didn't want to draw attention to it :) I beat you by 5 months--and my hubby is SOOO young-a grand 28. Is Scott the same?