Well, we are actually sitting at the airport getting ready to leave for Singapore and we have some internet, so I thought I would post a bit. On Saturday we decided that we would spend the day on Hong Kong Island. We heard that the tram to the peak was fun, so we wanted to do that. I was amazed that we had spent so much time in Kowloon because Hong Kong island is SO much nicer - I guess you live and learn. Anyhow, we headed up to the tram. It was really fun to ride the tram - it seems like it goes straight up! At the top we went to the terrace and looked around. Aside from the horrible pollution, it was beautiful up there. You could see all the shipping boats in the harbour and Hong Kong really does have a beautiful skyline. Up there we met a cute grandma and her family from Beijing. They, like many others asked to take their picture with Taylor. It makes me laugh because they get so much attention. Many people pinch and rub their cheeks - they tell us that Drew is "beautiful" and Taylor is "cute". We get a lot of stares and attention. We also met a lady from Ireland who told us about a nice walk that goes all around the peak. The walk was so nice - and long (2700km, I think). It took a couple of hours, but the weather was perfect and we could actually breath. After the tram ride back down, we went over to Hong Kong park - we went to the conservatory, the aviary, the Tai Chi garden, the Vantage Point, and then let the kids play at the playground. It was quite a day of walking - our legs were beat by the end of the day. After that we went back to the hotel to get the kids ready for bed and Scott went to go find dinner. I'm going to make him post his experiences with that , but from his efforts, we got some amazing Indian food!!! YUM! And, that was the end of the day. And, good timing because I think we are going to board the plane soon.
Sunday, January 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey guys -
Looks like you're having fun. I'm glad you made it safe and sound. Hope you continue having a blast!
Wow, so I forgot you guys were going over there. Looks like great fun. I have to give you props though, my kid would never have lasted though all that. I have to drug her on the flight home from Utah. She would have been screaming!! Anyway, I'm sure your kids are good and it wasn't a problem. Glad you are doing well. Keep posting, I'm excited to see what other food adventures you are going to have. Honestly, I would be eating at McDonalds everyday. Good Luck!
OK, so I have to say...I'm super jealous. Don't get me wrong, I love being "settled down," but I do kind of miss the whole transient/hobo lifestyle. It feels weird not planning our next move and figuring out where we're going to go to next. You guys look like you're having so much fun (which doesn't diminish my envy). So make sure you post a lot, so I can live vicariously through you. Who knows, maybe I can talk Nate into spending a year or two in a foreign Fulbright office. Have fun!!
wow I have to say Im impressed! the flight to hawaii was alot for me let alone two kids to china! Im so jealous I love reading about what you are doing...I however didnt know you moved to TX! Do you like it so far? Anyway keep posting!
Post a Comment