Okay, just so everyone knows, we made it to Singapore....and it is horrible!!!! Hopefully this will pass soon, because it if doesn't we are heading home! When we got here and checked into the Fragrance Hotel (yep, the name says it all), the majority of our anticipated love for Singapore went right down the squatter toilet (okay, so we don't have a squatter in the hotel, but they are everywhere - perhaps even in our apartment to be). Nice. Anyhow, so far the people have been incredibly unhelpful and difficult to understand. They say they are speaking English (more accurately Singlish) and they are hard to understand and give the worst directions. We did finally get our laundry done - Scott only had to drag it about 2 miles down the road to some suspicious laundry facility. Anyhow, we are working on finding a place to live that isn't cockroach infested and stinky - but that isn't looking good. No joke, we even looked into renting a place at a hostel or boarding school or perhaps both - but that didn't work out as the shower was open to the parking lot. Good grief! So, we have a couple more days to get attitude adjustments, find a place and move or we will pack up our poor tired boys and head back home. Any bets???
Oh, and to clarify, because in reading the comments I can sense some confusion - we are in Singapore for Scott to study at National University of Singapore where he will finish his law degree. We stopped over in Hong Kong because it sounded like fun. And, after we are finished here we will go back to AZ for a few days while Scott graduates and THEN head to Texas. Anyhow, Gypsies! Hope that helps.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh my gosh you guys!! I hope things get better and that you find a place to live soon! Cockroaches and squatter toilets?? Yuck!!
Love ya!!
Thanks for the explanation. I hope things go better.
Well, that post helped diminish my envy a little. So, thanks for that. Seriously though, that doesn't sound like fun at all!! I hate cockroaches with a passion. I hope you guys get everything worked out really fast. Good luck!
Oh boy you guys and here I was thinking, holy crap, are they crazy? Guess I've been around the block a few times. See, I can go third world by myself, sort of, but bringing the kids is just a whole other ball game. Sorry it sucks though, I've been through it, really. I can assure you that living in the jungle is worse. Probably not much worse though. I hope you guys can find a decent place and since I'm writing this kind of late, I'm sure you either have, or you are on your way home by now. I'll stay tuned to find out the rest of the saga. Be Safe!!
I am soooo glad you made it. Looks like you had a great time in HK. I hope Singapore gets better for you. I enjoy reading all about your adventures. Keep us posted and keep looking for a bright side of things.
Post a Comment