Saturday, February 02, 2008

Lately...

We have not been up to much the last couple of weeks. I'm not really sure why, but mostly we just sit and pick our noses. Okay, so that is mostly just Taylor, but really, we haven't been up to much. Last week, we went to the Singapore Botanic Gardens. That was fun and also proved quite convenient becuase it adjoins the law school, so we also got to hang out with Scott a bit. They have a Children's Garden that has a bunch of kid-speed stuff - treehouses, ponds, and a water feature to play in. I forgot to take the camera, but I will eventually get pictures because we will go back. We also went over to a friends condo to swim - that encouraged us to swim at our own pool. Not really sure why it took encouragement, but for some strange reason it did. So, we did go swimming once, but then it has been raining most days since then. And, because of the rain and not being able to go out much the boys have been finding new ways to entertain themselves. Yep, I know the door climbing thing is not the safest thing ever, but hey, I feel like climbing the walls too! We have, on occaision, opted for the drowned rat look as opposed to staying in doors. So, we go to the grocery store. Ha!!! (Or some other place, but every other day or so we have to go to the store anyway.) And, Drew loves to ride the bus and the train - it is a daily thing to have him begging (and I mean full blown whining on this one) to go for a ride. Go figure, I prefer a car. Anyhow, we have also had a couple of fun weekend outtings. Last Saturday we went to Orchard Road - which is a shopping heaven. Pretty much there is every big retailer from all over the world - they have US stores, British stores, Japanese stores, Chinese stores, etc. Anyhow, huge. Actually, it was a Japanese bookstore that took us there - Scott had heard that they had a bunch of Chinese books there (yep, half the store) and he needed a couple of things for his Chinese law class. It was mammoth and very cool. After that we just wandered around a bit and looked. This weekend we headed to Chinatown to see what is going on for Chinese New Year. We left kind of late, so we didn't get to see much, but we still had fun walking through all the stalls. Mom - you would like the celebrations here as it is the year of the mouse and Mickey is the guest of honor. You can't really tell from this picture, but this is a huge gateway, so this Minnie Mouse is a very large lantern. And, there are many, many lanterns all around. It is so pretty. We are going back, so we will take more pictures. But, we couldn't resist taking this one (it was hanging on a food stall)... So, you never really know here, but I think that is supposed to be "shiFted", however, somebody got a little carried away with their fancy writing. Oops. Either way, I don't think I will be eating there.

2 comments:

Tim and Amy said...

Looks like you are all really enjoying Singapore! How long will you guys be there?

It looks like quite the adventure!

Christi said...

Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me but I think we have a picture of Scott climbing up the outside wall of a certain apartment building it DC. That's the first thing I thought of when I saw the pic of the boys on the door. Maybe I just heard about it. I love your reports from Singapore! Thanks for keeping all of us updated!