One day walking through the crowded subway tunnel, Drew was trying to tell me something, but it was too loud. I kept saying "what?" and he looked up at me and said, "Are you blind? Why can't you hear me?" I was kind of mad that he was sassing me, but I had to laugh instead.
Taylor has learned some optimal phrases like, "mine" which if he is really mad says, "mine-o-mine-o-mine". Also, we have "way-no-way-no-way" (yes, it always starts with way).
Drew has picked up a bit of the local lingo here - it is technically Singlish, but many of the words come from Queen's English (trolley - stroller, cart, lift - elevator, etc.). So the other day on the train, Drew says, "Do we alight at this stop?" Okay-lah.
I know there are more, but I have gone brain dead - I will add them when they return to me.
4 comments:
Can I just say how stinkin cute your boys are! We miss you guys! How are things going? Are you finally starting to enjoy yourself there? And by the way, I loved the massage picture!
I love what kids come up with! "are you blind? why can't you hear me??" That's hilarious!
Too funny! Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog. It's fun to keep up with YOUR adventures, too!
Looks like you guys have a lot of cool stuff to do there. That show looks like it would have been really cool. I'm totally impressed with Drew. I can't believe that he held that snake! He is very brave!
Post a Comment