Wednesday, July 16, 2008

4th of July

We had a great 4th of July weekend. Scott took most of the weekend off from studying for the bar and we just hung out together and took it easy. We headed over to the neighborhood bike parade in the morning. They had stuff for the kids to decorate their bikes/strollers/etc. and also face painting and tattoos. After the kids got their bikes all decked out, they had a firetruck there that we went and climbed in.

Then, the parade started - the firetruck led the way and then all the little red, white and blue kiddos followed. It was very cute, very hot, and very patriotic. Taylor got a little tuckered out after a while. Then at the end they had popsicles and water for everyone. It was a fun thing to do.

After the parade we went home and had a little barbeque with ourselves. (Yeah, I know, we're cool.) Then, after that, we went to find a lawnmower, so we could chop down the jungle in our backyard. But, we got a little distracted by the movie theater, and we went to go watch Wall-e.
It was such a cute show. We had a good time.

Then, we headed home and watched some fireworks that we could see from our driveway. Like I said, lazy. Then the next day we had a little barbeque with some friends. And, that is pretty much what we did.

3 comments:

Brittanie said...

Oh my gosh!! What a fun parade! I've never heard of CT doing anything like that! I am SO impressed that Drew is riding a 2-wheeler! I feel like a neglectful mom because poor Anika doesn't have a clue about the adventures of bike riding yet. =(

Christi said...

haha.. That's funny. You got distracted by the movie theater. Great.. haha. Yeah. And I'm impressed about the two wheels, too. G is still on training wheels and just doesn't get the balance thing yet.

Anonymous said...

I find the neglectful parent comments funny...because that is the first thing that I thought of when I saw drew on a bike.

My neighborhood did a parade too. It was great because me and Austin had the community pool all to ourselves.