Thursday, October 16, 2008

Houston

Well, as many of you had to hear - I don't like Houston. It doesn't have too much to do with the city itself, as it has to do with the fact that both times I have gone there, I have gotten SO VERY lost. I'm determined that I now need a GPS, though, Scott says that we have survived this long with just using maps. Anyhoo, we went down to Houston from the 13th-16th for Scott to go to some work training. They were kind enough to let us tag along (at least in the hotel room) and while he spent his entire day in seminars, dinners, etc. we got to go visit with our friends, the Harrison's. We hadn't seen them since Hillary and I were both very pregnant (with our now 2 year olds) in New Hampshire, so it has been a while. We hung out and ransacked their home, we also went to the Houston Children's Museum. The kids had fun playing in the store, the Mexican village, and the toddler area.

Drew took up a sudden interest in rocks. He spent a good 15 minutes talking to this guy and testing the different properties of rocks. This guy got a kick out of Drew just asking a ton of questions. And, while Drew was there, Taylor took this little cutie out for a drive.

We had fun visiting, and Scott kept busy with classes, and then we headed home. I think the kids enjoyed the beds the most....

1 comment:

hillary said...

It really was fun to hang out with you guys and see you again. I know Houston sucks, but maybe it was ok since we hung out a bit. The kids were pretty good considering we talked and talked like we always do. I'll have to plan a trip to come out and stay a few days after the new year. I want to take Izzy to sea world, you can get me in on your pass right? Just kidding. Good to see you guys.