Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Oh Dear...
It sure has been a while since I posted anything. I was looking at someones blog and they had our post and the time it's been since I last posted in the sidebar. Yikes! That's just plain embarrassing. So, I figured it was about time for some posts - I will do all the catch up (mostly for me) that will follow. I do have a pretty good excuse, though, as some of you know. But, if you didn't, here it is - So, in October, I started having these stupid headaches - everyday. They were horrible, and it became pretty hard to sit and stare at a computer because it would make me sick to my stomach. So, after about a month and a half of daily headaches, nausea, etc. I went to the doctor to get some head fixing. Well, it was determined that all of my headaches were migraines and she put me on this medicine called Topomax. This medicine is supposed to cut down the amount of migraines that one gets (actually, it's a seizure medication)- and honestly, it was working fairly well. However, it had some super special side effects of its own - like making my hands and feet feel like pins and needles - oh and my lips and tongue on occasion too. But, the absolute best thing was that it made me pretty much an idiot. Seriously. I developed a stutter, I couldn't think of words (even easy ones), and it was really frustrating. And, I then couldn't really blog because I didn't make sense when I typed. Anyhow, I stuck with the medicine because I figured it was helping my headaches, but after a while I couldn't take it anymore. So, I went off the medicine and started acupuncture - which I am a HUGE fan of. Yes, you can think I am weird, but it is helping far more than my crazy pills even after only two visits. And, my head is starting to return to normal, so I am able to type, at least semi-coherent sentences. So, I will try to catch the blog up and now that it is pretty much March, I will post the Christmas pictures and what-nots. Anyhow, there's my excuse.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hey so glad you are back to the land of the living....I too as you know am a fellow mirgraine suffer and have been for years...strange tho that yours are coming on so much now...have they linked them to anything yet? anyway I was getting them 3-4 times a week and landing in the ER more than I wanted...my meds werent working..i tried acupunture but that didnt work for me...finally went to the nuerologist again...they did the topomax thing as well..I was prescribed them about 2 years ago but was scared off by the side effects so never took them, but this time I did it as I couldnt manage the pain anymore either. Its been two months...the tingling is very odd. I did get up to the max dose and hated it...eating was terrible all food tasted awful I lost about 7 pounds had no energy because I wasnt eating etc...but the pins and needles went away finally...anyway cut my dose back in half, and now get my headaches about once a week, and manage with my meds but that is better than before, and I would say that topomax is really making a difference. I think its a wonder drug, but I hate taking daily meds...its really difficult to think about being on something like that but if it helps I have to do it you know...Im so glad you are finding something that is helping you....
Hey!!! I can't believe how BIG your boys ARE!!!! and just soo cute! I did acupuncture for migraines as well it worked great! I also did it for morning sickness when I was pregnant with Aaron (it helped some I did not get to finish treatment before going back to NH) I hope it keeps working for you!
Post a Comment