Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Drew's Stitches

On September 6th, around lunch time, I got a call from Drew's school.  We didn't even make it three days without having to go to the school to get the poor kid - and what's another trip to the doctor anyway, right?  He was running on the playground and tripped, and even though they have a rubberized surface, it split his knee open.  Anyway, so we took him to the emergency room and they stitched it up for him.  I so wish I had my camera with me, though because they took him and rolled him up papoose-style with a blanket.  He was mortified, but it was pretty funny, I have to say.  He was pretty brave getting the stitches though and took good care of his wound afterwards.

Anyhow, I didn't want to go all the way back to the hospital to get the stitches out, so Scott took them out for Drew tonight.  Drew looked a little concerned, but it all went well.  Thanks Dr. Dad.

1 comment:

Jan said...

Ah, poor Drew!! I love that boy -- miss you guys!