Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Christmas morning started bright and early - I think I was the most excited because I woke up long before the kids.  Olsen was soon to follow and was ready to go, as was Drew.

 Taylor on the other hand was not too interested in waking up.  We tried to wake him up nicely, then we let Olsen have a try at waking him, but that kid was not budging.

 Finally, after jingle bells, being attacked by his brothers and much encouragement, we got him to wake up.  See - totally awake.  It did take a few more minutes, but he did perk up when he realized it was Christmas.  Funny kid.
Olsen was the first to get to see the presents and show off his good walking skills.  He sure is getting fast.  I still can't believe he is growing up so fast!
 Do you see Drew's face?  He has always been so fun to give any gift to because he get so excited and really truly is grateful for any gift.  I'm pretty sure if I put a picture from his first Christmas, it would be the same look on his face. 
It was a very nice morning, albeit a little quick and dirty opening stockings and presents because even with the one hour delay, church was still pretty early in the morning.  But, the kids didn't mind, they enjoyed opening their gifts and spending the morning together.  We also got to talk to our families in America and tease them a little bit because our Christmas was first. 


 I am really grateful for Christmas this year.  Having a smaller place for stuff to go and having a little less commercialism was a nice reminder that it is not about the gifts, but about our Savior and the gift of His life.  We are also so grateful for our family and friends and for the blessing they are in our lives.

No comments: